woensdag 9 november 2011

Vaandag een beetje meer over MOI AUSSI








Who are you?
My name is Svetlana Audema. I am russian. At a present moment I am leaving in Holland in the small town near Rotterdam. Why at present moment? Because of our work (my husband and mine) we have been traveling in different countries. Our stay in Holland is unusually long. It is already 5 years!

What are you making?
Moi Aussi – is the label and the name of my company. 
The main product of Moi Aussi today is ''apron from upcycled jeans''.


When did you start creating?
I have learned many craft techniques from my mother. Sewing became my favorite one.
Our russian sewing machine was very big and made a lot of noise! The little boy of our neighbors downstairs imagined that the trains passed above his room when I was sewing.
My first ''clients'' were the members of our family. And at the age of 17 I have started to sew for real clients. It became more then a passion but a nice student's job. At some point I was dreaming to make a career in the textile industry but this choice was not accepted by my parents. And finally I have made studies and successful career as a civil engineer.
Last year we had a great news about an arrival of 3rd baby. And I have taken a decision to make a temporary break and open one-person company in relation with ''couture''.

Where does your inspiration come from?
My inspiration for upcycling comes from Cradle to Cradle (C2C) design. The last engineering company where I worked has focused on the C2C principles.
In the Cradle to Cradle model, all materials used in industrial or commercial processes are seen to fall into one of two categories: ''technical'' or ''biological''. Using C2C model before producing something we are supposed to think - should it go further to the nature or it can be recycled, up-cycled. Very interesting story! Consume differently. 
The inspiration of the apron comes from the souvenirs of the stay in India





What do you prefer to do when you are not busy with creating?
Go out with good friends and drink a nice wine. Discover something new - cities, countries, museums...

Where would you like to be in 10 years?
I have told myself that my break will be temporary and short. Just to spend more time with 3 growing sons.
Today I have discovered Etsy-world and it gives me much inspiration, crazy ideas and the most important - contact with the people who share the same passion.
The time will help me to make a choice...

http://meaussi.blogspot.com - inspiration blog for upcycling ideas
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MoiAussi13 - online shop Moi Aussi





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten